We have an immediate opening for a Full-time Abatement Technician position at Pro Pacific DKI’s Nanaimo location. View details and apply below.
Pro Pacific DKI specializes in commercial and residential disaster restoration services. When our clients experience a fire, flood or other disaster, natural or man-made, we respond 24/7/365 to help them recover and get things back to normal.
With branch locations across Vancouver Island, including Duncan, Nanaimo, Parksville, and Victoria, we are always on the lookout for new talent. We have an immediate opening for an Abatement Technician at our Nanaimo Branch. Occasional travel between branches will be required.
What we offer:
- Training: Whether experienced or new to the industry, our in-house training program will help you to achieve the highest levels of professionalism in the industry.
- A rewarding and fulfilling career: You will go to work everyday knowing the direct results of what you do are helping someone recover from a natural disaster in their home.
- Regular Hours: Monday to Friday 8:00am – 4:30pm with occasional on call and weekend work
- Great company culture & co-workers: We have a team of over 70 people spanning Victoria to Courtenay/Comox. We like to celebrate success with a monthly gift basket draw, regular company events including BBQ's, lunches, and a yearly Christmas event.
- Competitive compensation: Based on experience, fair rates, extended health & dental benefits, opportunities for industry related education.
- Build effective containment chambers and setup negative air flow as required utilizing Hepa-Filtered Air Scrubbers
- Removal of hazardous materials from structures as per WorkSafeBC guidelines and Internal Safe Work Procedures.
- Proper handling of hazardous materials in preparation for safe disposal.
- Daily completion of required paperwork, time sheets, manifests and other necessary documents
- Ensure all safety standards are followed, proper controls are being used and correct PPE donned.
- Provide subject matter expertise and advise Project Managers on required Abatement Protocols
We thank everyone who applies, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Our Service Territory
Pro Pacific DKI’s exclusive service territory is highlighted on the map above. Please click on the office location closest to your property for contact details.
- Disaster Kleenup International (DKI)
- The Chamber: Greater Victoria Chamber of Commerce
- Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC)
- Canadian Federation of Independent Business (CFIB)
- Restoration Industry Association (RIA)
- Canadian Homebuilder’s Association, Vancouver Island