Senior Technician - Fire & Flood
We have an immediate opening for a Full-time Senior Technician - Fire & Flood position at Pro Pacific DKI’s Victoria location. View details and apply below.
Pro Pacific DKI specializes in commercial and residential disaster restoration services. When our clients experience a fire, flood or other disaster, natural or man-made, we respond 24/7/365 to help them recover and get things back to normal.
We are currently experiencing significant growth and have an immediate opening for a Senior Mitigation (Flood and Fire) Technician to join our Victoria Branch. We offer competitive compensation ($29 – $32 per hour, based on experience) and generous on-call compensation.
What you will do:
- Assist in mitigation and remediation activities such as water extraction, minor demolition, debris disposal, moving & re-setting contents etc.
- Provide hands on leadership and mentoring to Junior Technicians.
- Ensure new Technicians are trained on policies and procedures.
- Monitor equipment and vehicle supply requirements and liaise with the Warehouse manager to ensure adequate tools and supplies are on hand.
- Assist with contents activities such as inventory and pack contents of site, clean contents, provide post-construction cleaning etc.
- Ensure customer service excellence.
- Be responsible for maintaining a safe job site at all times.
- Participate in the on-call rotation (this may on occasion include after-hours call outs on evenings & weekends).
What you will bring:
- A minimum of 2-3 years Fire & Flood technician experience.
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in a leadership position with strong mentorship and motivational skills.
- An ability to use common hand and power tools.
- An ability to lift heavy equipment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Clean criminal record as it relates to work.
- Valid BC Class 5 driver’s license with satisfactory abstract.
- Related IICRC qualifications are an asset.
- An interest in Health & Safety and First Aid.
What we offer:
- Training: Our competency based training program utilizes on the job experience training, in house technical and leadership training and external certification courses to ensure that you are not only fully equipped for the challenges that you will face but also obtain industry recognized qualifications.
- Competitive compensation: Based on experience, extended health benefits from day 1, generous on-call compensation and opportunities for industry related education and training.
- Great company culture & co-workers: With over 60 employees and branches covering a territory from Victoria to Courtenay/Comox we value our employees. Employees laugh together, work hard together and enjoy social events and Summer BBQ's.
If you have read all of this and say, “This is Me”! please apply today for immediate consideration.
Thank you in advance for your interest in joining our team!
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Our Service Territory
Pro Pacific DKI’s exclusive service territory is highlighted on the map above. Please click on the office location closest to your property for contact details.
“...(Pro Pacific DKI) were always courteous and easy to work with. We would recommend the company anytime. Thanks.”
- Disaster Kleenup International (DKI)
- The Chamber: Greater Victoria Chamber of Commerce
- Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC)
- Canadian Federation of Independent Business (CFIB)
- Restoration Industry Association (RIA)
- Canadian Homebuilder’s Association, Vancouver Island