We have an immediate opening for a Full-time Drywaller/Painter position at Pro Pacific DKI’s Victoria location. View details and apply below.
ProPacific Restoration DKI specializes in disaster remediation services. When customers experience a fire, flood or other natural disaster, they can count on us to respond 24/7/365 to help them recover and get things back to normal.
With branch locations across Vancouver Island, including Duncan, Nanaimo and Victoria, we are always on the lookout for new talent.
We currently have an immediate vacancy at our Victoria location.
What we will expect you to do:
- Respond to clients’ homes that have just had a fire, flood or other natural disaster. Restore/repair property, providing quality work within a fast paced, deadline driven environment.
- Tasks include, but are not limited to: drywall (board, tape & finish), insulation, painting and more.
- Demolition: removing effected drywall or flooring and disposing appropriately.
- Assisting with moving clients' personal belongings out for cleaning, and returning them when complete.
- Moving and placing drying equipment & machinery. Some equipment can weigh up to 50 - 80lbs.
- Take direction from the Project Manager, Operations Manager and Team leads.
- Be able to participate in the on-call rotation (this may include after-hours call outs on evenings & weekends)
What you will bring:
- Evidence of restoration / handyperson experience.
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in construction.
- The ability to use and maintain all relevant tools and equipment.
- Able to quickly and accurately identify and estimate the quantity of materials required.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Superior customer service skills.
What we offer:
- Opportunities for growth. In addition to the offices in Victoria and Nanaimo, we also have opportunities in Duncan and Parksville. We value our employees and look to provide a career, not just a job.
- A rewarding and fulfilling career: You will go to work everyday knowing the direct results of what you do are helping someone recover from a natural disaster in their home.
- Great company culture & co-workers: We have a team of over 70 people spanning Victoria to Courtenay/Comox. People laugh together, work hard together and enjoy our annual social events and summer bbq's!
- Competitive compensation: Based on experience, fair rates, extended health benefits, opportunities for industry related education.
Some final details:
- Candidates are required to have a valid Class 5 driver's license. We will request a copy of your drivers abstract upon hire.
- Candidates will undergo a Canadian Criminal Record check.
If you have read all of this and say, "This is Me!", please apply today for immediate consideration.
Thank you in advance for your interest in joining our team!
We thank everyone that has applied, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Our Service Territory
Pro Pacific DKI’s exclusive service territory is highlighted on the map above. Please click on the office location closest to your property for contact details.
“...just returned from a wedding and (I) am extremely happy.”
- Disaster Kleenup International (DKI)
- The Chamber: Greater Victoria Chamber of Commerce
- Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC)
- Canadian Federation of Independent Business (CFIB)
- Restoration Industry Association (RIA)
- Canadian Homebuilder’s Association, Vancouver Island