Project Manager - Restoration
We have an immediate opening for a Full-time Project Manager - Restoration position at Pro Pacific DKI’s Nanaimo location. View details and apply below.
Pro Pacific DKI, part of DKI Canada, North America’s largest property restoration contracting network, are proud to be Vancouver Island owned & operated, serving communities from Courtenay/Comox in the North, to Victoria in the south. When our clients experience a fire, flood or other disaster, natural or man-made, we respond 24/7/365 to help them recover and get things back to normal. We are a preferred vendor to many of Canada’s largest insurance companies.
Due to continued growth, Pro Pacific DKI is opening a satellite location in the Parksville-Qualicum area and we are looking for an exceptional Project Manager to join the team.
Reporting to the Regional Manager, the successful candidate will be a hands-on team player and leader with several years of project management experience in a related industry. They will be responsible for day to day project management functions along with business development and customer service excellence to assist with the growth of our newest location.
What you will do:
- For all projects, ensure adherence to the company’s project management process.
- Mentor direct and indirect reports where necessary.
- Where the situation dictates, be involved in all levels of communication with home & business owners, insurance adjusters, insurance companies and sub-contractors
- Ensure all projects meet customer expectations for product delivery and quality.
- Provide empowering site leadership (direct and indirect) aimed at the ongoing development of a “high performance team”.
- Monitor all applicable internal and external KPIs and take continuous improvement action where necessary.
- Ensure a “customer first” culture with a strong empathy focus.
- Build existing client relationships and generate new business.
- Analyze all aspects of assigned projects for continuous improvement opportunities.
- Ensure estimate margins are compliant to corporate guidelines.
- Ensure all projects are managed to budget/estimate or better.
- Ensure timely and accurate invoicing.
- In conjunction with the Accounting and the Project Office, monitor receivables and follow up with clients regarding unpaid invoices.
What you will bring:
- At least 5 years of experience in restoration project management or related.
- Strong estimating experience (Xactimate and time & materials).
- Prior experience in sales and/or marketing are an asset.
- Sound knowledge of Canadian construction practices.
- Working knowledge of mitigation and remediation practices for property having water, wind, fire and vandalism damage or mold/asbestos contamination.
- Proven ability to build and maintain strong working relationships both internally and externally.
- Able to work effectively as part of a team and independently.
What we offer:
- Opportunities for growth. The opportunity to help shape the future growth of the business. You will work closely with senior management on goals and operational excellence.
- A rewarding and fulfilling career. The ability to use your skills and experience in an empowered role that provides for corporate and personal growth.
- Great company culture & co-workers: A work life filled with challenge and fulfillment, where excellence is pursued, and success is celebrated.
- Competitive compensation: Based on experience, fair rates, extended health benefits, bonus opportunities and industry related education and training.
We thank everyone who applies, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Our Service Territory
Pro Pacific DKI’s exclusive service territory is highlighted on the map above. Please click on the office location closest to your property for contact details.
“Thanks again for a superb job. Looks like new!”
- Disaster Kleenup International (DKI)
- The Chamber: Greater Victoria Chamber of Commerce
- Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC)
- Canadian Federation of Independent Business (CFIB)
- Restoration Industry Association (RIA)
- Canadian Homebuilder’s Association, Vancouver Island