Mitigation Technician - Emergency Restoration
We have an immediate opening for a Full-time Mitigation Technician - Emergency Restoration position at Pro Pacific DKI’s Nanaimo location. View details and apply below.
Pro Pacific DKI specializes in commercial and residential disaster restoration services. When our clients experience a fire, flood or other disaster, natural or man-made, we respond 24/7/365 to help them recover and get things back to normal.
With branch locations across Vancouver Island, including Duncan, Nanaimo and Victoria, we are always on the lookout for new talent.
For the right person, this position offers the potential for advancement and an opportunity to gain a Journeyman qualification while getting paid to learn new skills.
What you will do:
- Assist in mitigation and remediation activities such as water extraction, minor demolition, debris disposal, moving & re-setting contents etc.
- Assist with contents activities such as inventory and pack contents of site, clean contents, provide post-construction cleaning etc.
- Work on multiple projects daily, learning new skills as you go.
- Ensure customer service excellence
- Be responsible for maintaining a safe job site at all times
- Participate in the on-call rotation (this may on occasion include after-hours call outs on evenings & weekends).
What you will bring:
- A positive attitude and good team skills.
- An ability to use common hand and power tools.
- A desire to learn.
- Clean criminal record as it relates to work.
- Valid BC Class 5 driver’s license with satisfactory abstract.
- Related IICRC qualifications are an asset.
- An interest in Health & Safety and First Aid.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation: Based on experience, fair rates, extended health benefits and opportunities for industry related education and training.
- Opportunities for growth: We offer a career, not just a job! Take the opportunity to gain your Journeyman qualification via our training program that provides you with internal mentoring and external qualifications.
- Great company culture & co-workers: Employees laugh together, work hard together and enjoy our social events and Summer BBQ's.
We thank everyone who applies, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Our Service Territory
Pro Pacific DKI’s exclusive service territory is highlighted on the map above. Please click on the office location closest to your property for contact details.
“The assistance given, beyond the call of duty, and the care that was taken by all of the employees of Restoration Services, is a credit to our insurance company.”
- Disaster Kleenup International (DKI)
- The Chamber: Greater Victoria Chamber of Commerce
- Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC)
- Canadian Federation of Independent Business (CFIB)
- Restoration Industry Association (RIA)
- Canadian Homebuilder’s Association, Vancouver Island