We have an immediate opening for a Full-time Hazmat Lead position at Pro Pacific DKI’s Victoria location. View details and apply below.
Pro Pacific DKI specializes in commercial and residential disaster restoration services. When our clients experience a fire, flood or other disaster, natural or man-made, we respond 24/7/365 to help them recover and get things back to normal. We are locally owned & operated, with our operations covering the entire south and central areas of Vancouver Island. Currently experiencing significant growth, we have an immediate opening for a Hazmat Lead at our Victoria location.
- Competitive compensation: Based on experience, fair rates, extended health benefits and opportunities for industry related education and training
- Opportunities for growth. With a team of over 70 people, covering a territory from Victoria to Courtenay/Comox, we value our employees and look to provide a career, not just a job.
- A rewarding and fulfilling career. You will go to work every day knowing that you are helping someone.
- Great company culture & co-workers: Employees laugh together, work hard together and enjoy our social events.
What you will do:
- Respond to client properties following a fire, flood or other disaster.
- Ensure safety is first and foremost in all activities.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable Worksafe BC requirements.
- Prepare and submit all required regulatory documentation (NOP, ECP/RA, etc.)
- Prepare the job site for the removal process for the risk involved (moderate, modified moderate, high risk), includes; moving contents, poly contents, poly walls, floors ceilings , doorways, windows etc.
- Ensure all PPE on site is clean and fit for use.
- Setup decontamination chambers and clean areas.
- Remove Hazardous materials, bag, and clean up.
- Ensure all equipment is fully cleaned at project completion.
- Complete all job related administration (timesheets, materials, pictures, etc.).
- Work with a "clean as you go" mentality.
- Deliver outstanding customer service experiences.
- Be a strong communicator, both verbally and written.
- Provide support to the disaster mitigation team as necessary.
- Participate in the on-call rotation (this may include after-hours call outs on evenings & weekends).
What you will bring:
- Demonstrated experience as a senior hazmat abatement technician.
- Abatement industry certifications or equivalent experience in: asbestos awareness, microbial remediation, bio-hazard remediation.
- Supervisory skills, providing leadership and mentoring to junior technicians.
- Ability to use a variety of common hand and power tools.
- Experience in basic construction techniques.
- Superior customer service skills.
- Clean criminal record as it relates to work.
- Valid BC Class 5 driver’s license with satisfactory abstract.
We thank everyone that applies, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Our Service Territory
Pro Pacific DKI’s exclusive service territory is highlighted on the map above. Please click on the office location closest to your property for contact details.
“I want to commend you on your workers. Every one of them was thoughtful & positive, even when we were anxious and impatient.”
- Disaster Kleenup International (DKI)
- The Chamber: Greater Victoria Chamber of Commerce
- Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC)
- Canadian Federation of Independent Business (CFIB)
- Restoration Industry Association (RIA)
- Canadian Homebuilder’s Association, Vancouver Island