Fire / Flood Technician
We have an immediate opening for a Full-time Fire / Flood Technician position at Pro Pacific DKI’s Nanaimo location. View details and apply below.
Pro Pacific DKI specializes in commercial and residential disaster restoration services. When our clients experience a fire, flood or other disaster, natural or man-made, we respond 24/7/365 to help them recover and get things back to normal. We are locally owned & operated, with our operations covering the entire south and central areas of Vancouver Island. Currently experiencing significant growth, we have an immediate opening for a Fire/Flood Technician at our Nanaimo location.
- Competitive compensation: Based on experience, fair rates, extended health benefits and opportunities for industry related education and training.
- Opportunities for growth. With a team of over 70 people, covering a territory from Victoria to Courtenay/Comox, we value our employees and look to provide a career, not just a job.
- A rewarding and fulfilling career. You will go to work every day knowing that you are helping someone.
- Great company culture & co-workers: Employees laugh together, work hard together and enjoy our social events.
What you will do:
- Respond to client properties following a fire, flood or other disaster.
- Ensure safety is first and foremost in all activities.
- Complete mitigation and remediation activities such as water extraction, minor demolition, structural drying, etc.
- Relocate client’s belongings for cleaning and restoration, returning them when complete.
- Monitor and adjust drying process as necessary to achieve required results.
- Work with a "clean as you go" mentality.
- Deliver outstanding customer service experiences.
- Be a strong communicator, both verbally and written.
- Participate in the on-call rotation (this may include after-hours call outs on evenings & weekends).
What you will bring:
- Demonstrated experience as a mitigation/flood technician is an asset.
- Relevant restoration industry certifications from IICRC or equivalent are an asset.
- Ability to use common hand and power tools.
- Experience in basic construction techniques.
- Superior customer service skills.
- Clean criminal record as it relates to work.
- Valid BC Class 5 driver’s license with satisfactory abstract.
We thank everyone that applies, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Our Service Territory
Pro Pacific DKI’s exclusive service territory is highlighted on the map above. Please click on the office location closest to your property for contact details.
“In our business, we often hear unsatisfied customers’ complaints. Seldom do we hear the satisfied ones. When someone raves about a job you do, it makes us look good, and we appreciate this more than words can say. Thank you and keep up the good work.”
- Disaster Kleenup International (DKI)
- The Chamber: Greater Victoria Chamber of Commerce
- Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC)
- Canadian Federation of Independent Business (CFIB)
- Restoration Industry Association (RIA)
- Canadian Homebuilder’s Association, Vancouver Island