Carpenter / Handyperson (Restoration)
We have an immediate opening for a Full-time Carpenter / Handyperson (Restoration) position at Pro Pacific DKI’s Victoria location. View details and apply below.
Pro Pacific Restoration DKI specializes in disaster restoration services. When our clients experience a fire, flood or other disaster, natural or man-made, we respond 24/7/365 to help them recover and get things back to normal. We are locally owned & operated, with our industry roots going back to 1969. Currently experiencing significant growth, we have an immediate opening for a qualified and self-motivated Restoration Technician / Handyperson at our Nanaimo location.
- Competitive compensation: Based on experience, fair rates, extended health benefits and opportunities for industry related education and training.
- Opportunities for growth. With a team of over 70 people, covering a territory from Victoria to Courtenay/Comox, we value our employees and look to provide a career, not just a job.
- A rewarding and fulfilling career. You will go to work every day knowing that you are helping someone.
- Great company culture & co-workers: Employees laugh together, work hard together and enjoy our social events.
What you will do:
- Restore/repair property, providing quality work within a fast paced, deadline driven environment. Tasks that you will be expected to complete include, but are not limited to: carpentry, cabinetry, drywall (board, tape & finish), insulation, painting, carpentry, light electrical, light plumbing, fencing and decks.
- Ensure safety is first and foremost in all activities, at both a personal and a team/sub-trade level.
- Work both as part of a team and independently (unsupervised).
- Deliver outstanding customer service experiences.
- Work with a "clean as you go" mentality.
- Assist other team members as required.
What you will bring:
- Evidence of comprehensive restoration / handyperson experience.
- The ability to follow construction drawings, scope of work, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in construction.
- The ability to use and maintain all relevant tools and equipment.
- Able to quickly and accurately identify and estimate the quantity of materials required.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Superior customer service skills.
- Clean criminal record as it relates to work.
- Valid BC Class 5 drivers license with satisfactory abstract.
We thank everyone that applies, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Our Service Territory
Pro Pacific DKI’s exclusive service territory is highlighted on the map above. Please click on the office location closest to your property for contact details.
“The repair team were polite, professional and totally accommodating to all of our family in this stressful situation. The repairs to our home were carried out in a timely matter and we would not hesitate to hire Pro Pacific DKI in the future.”
- Disaster Kleenup International (DKI)
- The Chamber: Greater Victoria Chamber of Commerce
- Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC)
- Canadian Federation of Independent Business (CFIB)
- Restoration Industry Association (RIA)
- Canadian Homebuilder’s Association, Vancouver Island